Our Favorite Holiday Cookie Recipe
'Tis the season for cookies, particularly our double ginger chocolate chunk cookies !
Every year during the holidays, we find ourselves making this recipe for everything, whether it's for gifts, parties, or yes - Santa. It's the perfect blend of sweet and spice, and pairs well with festive cocktails, peppermint hot chocolate, and your morning coffee (we won't tell).
Get the recipe below - and happy baking!
DOUBLE-GINGER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 3 tsps of Harvest Moon Baking Spice
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (room temp)
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar (plus 1/2 cup for rolling)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped candied ginger
- 1 8 oz dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, Harvest Moon Baking Spice, and cocoa in large bowl
- In mixer, cream together butter, 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes)
- Beat in egg yoga, molasses, and vanilla
- Add dry mixture gradually, and mix until no flour pockets remain
- Stir in chocolate and candied ginger
- Chill dough until firm
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl, roll dough into balls (1-2 tablespoons), and roll in sugar
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets, and place in oven
- Bake 10-12 minutes Rotate the sheet after 5 minutes. Cookies are finished when they are beginning to crack and edges are just set. Do not overbake.